Wanna work for a cool, fast moving games company?
Virtual Intelligence is always is looking for great talent.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to make an impact at a rapidly-growing games company, send your resume over.
We’re interested in programmers, artists and sales & marketing people. And if you don’t fit in one of those categories, but think you have a world class talent, let us know…
• The Lead Animator role is a creative position, supervising and directing the work of the animation teams with a primarily focus on in-game animation.
• Primary responsibility is ensuring the quality bar is kept consistently high.
• Working in partnership with the engineering game play team and the leads of the project, the Lead Animator develops documents and communicates the animation style of the games.
• Be able to produce high quality work and direct a team of internal and external staff to achieve the same high standards.
• Mentor and training the animation team to constantly improve their methods and results.
• Oversee and own the Animation and Cinematic pipelines, suggesting improvements to help achieve the projects goals (quality, time efficiency, optimum work flow, etc…)
• Consult on game feature implementation where appropriate (Player control, Cover, Targeting systems, etc…) and contribute to the game design, including ensuring the animation assets created are in line with game play requirements as well as art direction.
• Be aware of industry trends and cutting edge technologies as they related to the Animation.
• Evaluate and anticipate risks as they relate to the work of the animation team, communicating these to the Producer and management team.
• Be an example to other members of the team, both through attitude and quality of work.
Qualifications and Technical Competencies:
• Recognized art qualification to degree level or equivalent
• 4-6 years of experience in Video Games Animation
• A strong animator with hands on experience with all aspects of 3D character animation
• Knowledge of traditional animation
• Excellent knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder is a requirement
• Strong leadership skills with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role, experience in managing a team of animators through the development cycle of a medium/large scale project an asset (multiple shipped titles)
• Experience with Motion Capture a plus
• Experience working on AAA games a bonus
• Responsible, self-disciplined, diligent and dedicated to achieving the best result.
• Shows leadership and is a considered decision maker
• Excellent written and verbal communicator; articulate and able to communicate to technical as well as creative disciplines.
• Organized and analytical.
• Flexible, able to adapt to change and able to work under pressure.
• Pragmatic and able to see the bigger picture.
• Solid team player.
• Passionate about video games.
• Maintain an extremely high personal standard and quality bar for the product
The Engineering group is responsible for developing all gameplay code, libraries and tools used by our internal game engine and games.
• Create robust long lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross platform support.
• Improve, debug, and extend one or more individual subsystems – Examples: Server Resource Management, Online Store, FE, GUI, Audio, and others.
• Utilize numerous development environments and SDK’s such as Visual Studio, XCode and Eclipse.
• Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software.
• Work closely with other teams to build systems that serve their needs.
• Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and the game titles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong fluency in C++ and 5+ professional years C++ experience is required.
• 3+ years of professional game development experience.
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals.
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing code structure.
• Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create polished reliable systems.
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several of years.
• Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience with gameplay development in game AI or Animation
• Experience with OpenGL or DirectX
• Experience with FMOD.
• Experience with creating GUI’s
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GAE
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in Canada